- Explore AISD
- Teaching & Learning
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School
- Student Support Services
- Service Learning
- Community News
- Alumni Connection
Before You Apply
Admission and Enrollment Process
The American International School Dhaka (AISD) is a multicultural institution with an American curriculum structure taught in the English language offering both the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma and an American High School Diploma. Its primary purpose is to provide quality education for expatriate children. We do not have boarding facilities, nor do we allow guardianship placements without prior approval of the School Administration.
Students are admitted and placed in grades with consideration of: age, school records, achievement level, emotional and physical maturity, and placement screening. It is also our practice, especially in the elementary grade levels, to ensure that children are placed in classes along with their age-peers. Please note that age cut-off date for determining class placement is August 31st.
Once students are officially enrolled in AISD, they will be assured of continued enrollment as long as they are achieving satisfactory academic results, fees are paid, and behavior is of an acceptable standard.
At AISD we attempt to develop productive ongoing relationships with all our school families in order to collectively support our studentsʼ growth and development. We expect all parents to be actively involved in their child/renʼs education and have positive interactions as noted in each of the divisional handbooks.
All records must be submitted in English. Translations must be verified/certified by an official translator. Parents may not translate records.
* Please note AISD cannot start processing the students files until the file is complete.
In order to apply, the following documents/payment must be completed and submitted to AISD via our online application:
- A completed Application Form
- A completed Language Profile Form
- A completed, Confidential Teacher Recommendation Form completed by the studentʼs Counselor/Teacher and sent directly by the current school to AISD (We will not accept the above, if it doesnʼt come from the school)
- A complete set of academic transcripts or report cards for the past 3 years of school
- A copy of any standardized achievement test scores (ITBS, PSAT, MAP, ISA etc)
- Speech/language, psycho-educational or special needs evaluations and or records (if applicable)
- OPI test results (for Grades 3 to Gr 10). The OPI will be administered by AISD.
- A non-refundable Admissions Processing Fee of US$350. This fees can be paid in USD as a check or in Taka as cash/check, as per the dayʼs exchange rate.
- Any documents specifically requested by AISD
- A completed Health Form
- A copy of immunization records (please click here for detailed information on AISD Immunization requirements)
- A copy of studentʼs photo identification page of all passports held and Bangladesh visa
- A copy of both parentsʼ photo identification page of all passports held and Bangladesh visa
- A copy of both parentsʼ Bangladeshi National ID Card (if applicable)
Please note that an email inquiry does not reserve a space for the child. We need the completed documents, along with the Admissions Processing Fee, to be submitted at the school.