The American International School Dhaka (AISD) is now accepting online applications for a full scholarship for the 2018-2019 school year beginning in August 2018.
The scholarship is available to a student who:
- is currently enrolled in class 9 or 10 (born in 2002, 2003 or 2004)
- is a Bangladeshi national
- resides in Dhaka
- requires substantial financial assistance and support
- is not currently a student at AISD
Selection will be based on, but not limited to, the following criteria:
- Financial need
- Outstanding academic, athletic, artistic, or musical potential
- Personal motivation
- Outstanding moral character
- Potential for success
- Ability to flourish in a multi-cultural environment
Please carefully read all of the information below before beginning the online application process.
There is no fee for submitting a scholarship application!
- Complete Online Application:
- Download the Application Directions and Application Worksheet
- Thoroughly read the directions, gather the required documents and information needed to complete the online form.
- Complete the online application, providing all required information and documents. Only fully completed, online applications will be considered. No paper copies will be accepted.
- Selection of Scholarship Finalists
- AISD will screen the pool of applicants, verifying all the information submitted.
- Integrity of the submitted information will be considered in selecting Scholarship Finalists.
- From the original pool of applicants, scholarship finalists will be selected for follow up interviews, home visits and exams.
- Scholarship Finalist Interviews
- Personal Interviews and home visits will be scheduled and conducted with all Scholarship Finalists and their parents/guardian.
- Scholarship Finalist Exams
- Scholarship Finalists will sit for exams to determine academic ability and level of English.
- Scholarship Winner announced
January 10 to January 31, 2018 – Applicants gather required information and submit Online Scholarship Application
February 2018 – AISD will screen applications and verify information submitted. Scholarship Finalists will be selected and notified.
March 2018 – AISD will conduct Scholarship Finalist Interviews, Visits and Exams.
April 1 to April 10, 2018 – AISD will notify Scholarship Winner/s.
April 15, 2018 – Scholarship Winner Announced
August 12, 2018 – First day of school
- Confirm that you are:
- currently enrolled in class 9 or 10 (born in 2002, 2003 or 2004)
- a Bangladeshi national
- reside in Dhaka, and
- require substantial financial assistance and support
- Confirm that you possess the following characteristics:
- outstanding academic, athletic, artistic, or musical potential
- personal motivation
- outstanding moral character
- potential for success
- ability to flourish in a multi-cultural environment
- Download, read, and fill-out the Application Worksheet. Download Application Worksheet here.
- The purpose of the Application Worksheet is to assist you in completing the Online Scholarship Application.
- The Application Worksheet CANNOT be uploaded and submitted in lieu of the Online Scholarship Application.
- Gather the required Birth Certificate that needs to be uploaded with your Online Scholarship Application.
- Complete the Online Scholarship Application, providing all required information and uploading required Birth Certificate. Only fully completed, online applications will be considered. No paper copies or uploaded Application Worksheets will be accepted.
- Information that is submitted via the online application will be verified.
- The integrity of the submitted information will be considered in selecting Scholarship Finalists.
- Complete Online Scholarship Application by no later than January 31, 2018.
- Answer all questions to the best of your ability.
- You may answer NA for Not Applicable in the event a question does not apply to you.
- Your completed Online Scholarship Application will include:
- Online application with all questions answered
- Paragraph written in English
- Uploaded Birth Certificate
Before beginning the online scholarship application process, please make sure that you have completed the application worksheet and have the required birth certificate in .pdf or .jpg format ready to upload. Only completed online applications using the link below will be considered.
Click on the link below to apply for the AISD Scholarship: