- Explore AISD
- Teaching & Learning
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School
- Student Support Services
- Service Learning
- Community News
- Alumni Connection
Openings & Job Descriptions
Please go to Search Associates to view current faculty openings for 2016-2017 www.searchassociates.com.
- A cover letter (approximately one page) stating the position(s) of interest to the applicant and a brief explanation of what makes you an excellent educator and fit for AISD.
- A current resume, which includes DOB, citizenship, and current contact information.
- A list of references which includes the names and contact details of current and past supervisors.
Employment Arrangements: Professional Staff Dollar Scale
Overseas Hire: Two-year initial contract (12 months) annual renewal thereafter
Local Hire: Annual contract (12 months)
Overtime Provision None
Position Requirements: U.S. or equivalent Certification
Reports to and is evaluated by: Principal
Description of Duties:
- Plan and prepare throughout the year for effective instruction within the classroom.
- Provide a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
- Effectively teach the curriculum.
- Effectively manage each group of students while providing for a variety of learning styles, ability levels, and educational/ linguistic background.
- Individualize the content when necessary to meet each student's learning needs.
- Maintain the highest and most appropriate learning expectations of all students at all times.
- Accurately assess student progress.
- Continuously monitor student learning and make appropriate modifications of goals and strategies to meet students' needs.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records of student progress and attendance and classroom supplies and materials.
- Engage parents and students in the learning process through frequent and meaningful communication about student progress.
- Be available to parents and students during and outside of school hours.
- Interact cooperatively with other staff members in the development of cohesive curriculum materials and the establishment of instructional goals.
- Keep current in education through coursework, in-service programs, and by attending professional meetings and conferences.
- Employ technology (computer, video, internet, etc.) as appropriate to enhance instruction.
- Engage with the administration in a committed effort to improve one's own instructional skills.
- Engage with students in meaningful activities beyond the classroom which extend learning experiences for students (coaching, organizing field trips, sponsorship of clubs, events, or community service projects, etc.)
- Openly support and abide by all school policies and procedures.
- Act as a positive role model for students