COVID-19 / Virtual Learning
AISD is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation.
We are in close communication with the US Embassy, the Government of Bangladesh, and international public health resources adapting our protocols to ensure the health and safety of our community. Updates will be posted below. A PDF of our Emergency and Crisis Management Procedures on Infectious Outbreak can be found here. It contains links for additional support. Currently enrolled families, please check your email for updates and login to our site for additional school information in the Tiger Tribune Newsletter.
While managing the current conditions, we are preparing for the new school year in August. Our Admissions department is open for new and returning families. Current families are requested to contact Admissions regarding re-enrollment. For new families, Admissions is accepting applications for SY 2020-21 and available to answer your questions.
April 3, 2020
- An update from our Communications Manager was emailed to our community at 10:48 am today.
March 29, 2020
March 28, 2020
- Please refer to the important email update from our Communications Manager sent to our community at 10:48 am today.
Together with the Board of Trustees, our superintendent has decided to continue Virtual Learning for the remainder of the school year and not return to face-to-face learning. The safety and security of our students, parents, staff, and AISD community is our top priority. This has not been an easy decision, but we feel that it is in everyone’s best interest.
Our principals and teachers are in constant contact and will continue to do so throughout the remainder of the school year. We assure you that your children’s learning will continue to be of the highest quality delivered through the Virtual platform. Our faculty are collaborating with other educators from around the world in order to identify best practices when delivering lessons virtually.
- Family Health Practice (FHP) will be open daily starting March 29. Please refer to the email from our Communications Manager sent to our community at 4:15 pm today.
March 25, 2020
The safety and well-being of our students, parents, staff, and community is our top priority. With strict safety protocols in place, AISD has kept our facilities open for our community as long as possible. AISD also conforms to the Government of Bangladesh's policies. Following the decision of the GoB to close non-essential facilities and discourage public gatherings, we are closing our facilities from Thursday, March 26 to Saturday, April 4. For complete information, please refer to the email sent to our community by our Communications Manager at 9:16 am today.
March 23, 2020
IB diploma exams have been canceled for this year. For more details, please refer to today's email from our Communications Manager to 12th Grade parents and students as well as HS teachers. The email contains important information from Mr Doyle and Ms. Jahan.
At this time our community is experiencing communication across timezones more than usual. Here is a useful online tool for correlating time across multiple timezones.
March 22, 2020
- The US Embassy in Dhaka has rescheduled its Town Hall COVID-19 meeting for US citizens from tomorrow, March 23rd to today, March 22nd at 3:30 pm.
When making your travel arrangements the this month, please note the following information from the Government of Bangladesh: The following policy of flights through Dhaka’s Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport will be in effect until March 31st.
Effective midnight March 21st (early March 22nd) flights arriving from or departing to the following 10 countries has been suspended: Bahrain • India • Kuwait • Malaysia • Oman • Qatar • Saudi Arabia • Singapore • Turkey • UAE
Flights arriving from or departing to the following 4 countries are in operation: China • UK • Thailand • Hong Kong
AISD recommends cross checking with your airline's policy.
March 21, 2020
- An update was emailed to our community at 7:32 pm today.
March 19, 2020
- An update was emailed to our community at 11:30 am today.
March 17, 2020
- An update was emailed to our community and campus members at 2:31 pm today.
- Admissions is accepting applications but face-to-face meetings on campus are temporarily suspended. If you would like to speak with Admissions, please contact Faria Ali, Head of Admissions by phone or email (+880-171-3396783, email@example.com). She can also arrange a video call.
March 16, 2020
The Government of Bangladesh has closed schools effective tomorrow, March 17th. Please refer to the Communications Manager email that was sent to our families, staff, and greater community this afternoon at 3:55 pm.
March 15, 2020
Be sure to add the Communications Manager email firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contact list / safe sender list to ensure receiving updates from AISD. This evening, Sunday, March 15th at 7:00 pm, we will conduct the parent meeting regarding our COVID-19 response, Virtual Learning, and supporting information on campus. We encourage all parents to attend. The meeting will be live-streamed through Google Hangout Meet. Our Communications Manager will email the link to all parents by 3:00 pm today. If you do not have a Gmail account, you may still join the live-stream (instructions will be in today's email).
March 14, 2020
AISD will move to Virtual Learning beginning Sunday, March 29th, 2020. We request parents and staff to refer to the email update sent today at 5:42 pm from the email@example.com email address. To ensure you don't miss email updates, add the communications email address to your mailbox safe list and check your spam folder.
Sunday and Monday, March 15 & 16 will be late start days for students. Sunday evening, March 15th at 7:00 pm, there will be a meeting for parents updating them on our COVID-19 response and Virtual Learning. We encourage all parents to attend. The meeting will also be live-streamed for those who cannot attend.
March 12, 2020
AISD has confirmed that we will follow the non-essential travel protocols to Iran, China, South Korea, Italy, Thailand, and Singapore that the Bangladesh government has put in place. The situation is still uncertain as to whether more countries will be added to the health screening protocol. This is what we know currently, and we will update when/if new information comes out. Based on this information and the government regulations being put in place, it is highly recommended to avoid traveling at this time.
- We are now at Risk Level 2 on our Infectious Disease Protocol. We are expecting our parents to do the following items:
- If you traveled to or transited from any of the 6 countries listed above, you and your family must self-quarantine for 14 days. This is your obligation to help us keep the school safe and secure.
- Starting Sunday, March 15th, all parents will monitor their temperature child’s each day. You must send this form with your child each day. Any student not having their form will be sent home. A hard copy is being sent home today with your child.
- If your child has a temperature higher than 37.8ºC / 100.0ºF or higher or a persistent cough, please do not send them to school.
We will give the parents frequent updates regarding the situation so please check your email and the AISD website. This situation is changing frequently and you will be updated regularly.
The AISD campus will be open to our community and campus members during Virtual Learning. Please refer to the latest edition of the Tiger Tribune for hours.
AISD is continuing with it's normal admissions process during Virtual Learning however we have temporarily suspended face-to-face meetings on campus. If you would like to speak with Admissions, please contact Faria Ali, Head of Admissions by phone or email (+880-171-3396783, firstname.lastname@example.org). She can also arrange a video call.