Welcome to AISD's Parent Teacher Association (PTA)!
PTA is a body that comprises all parents and teachers of AISD and exists to provide a closer link between home and school. It is an excellent way for parents and staff to work together for the benefit of students and the school.
What does the PTA do?
We raise funds to provide a more fulfilling and enriching environment for our children. Each year we hold three really exciting fundraisers that bring the school and families together: the Halloween Carnival, a Book Fair and an International Fair. Additionally, funds are raised through the PTA Store that’s run completely by parents with inputs from teachers.
Apart from fund raising, the PTA helps keep communication channels open between parents and the school. The ES, MS and HS Representatives along with Class Representatives from each grade provide parents a forum to share their thoughts and ideas, as well as any concerns they may have, with the school authorities.
The PTA members also help the school during big events (sports days, theater & musical shows) often by volunteering on the day of the event.
How can you get involved?
There are several opportunities for you to help and to volunteer through out the year.
- The chairs of each of the large fundraisers will send out emails asking for volunteers to help plan and execute events. These events require creative and administrative inputs. They also require parents to help with ticket sales and manning stalls during the event.
- The PTA store requires parent-volunteers to man the store during the week.
- You could volunteer to become a class representative
- Volunteer during school events. The PTA committee will share these opportunities with you closer to the dates.
- Attend our monthly meetings. We’re always looking for new ideas and suggestions.
We look forward to continuing the strong tradition of family involvement in the PTA! Contact at anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org
PTA Funding for AISD Community Activities
The PTA has historically funded activities across AISD that benefit the school community in many ways. A few projects that come to mind include: Waterboy(TM) hydration units for the athletics department, the Dare to Bear reading program for the elementary school, Matheletes for NEAMC and the visiting author program.