The American International School Dhaka provides academic programs based on American educational principles for an international community.
Research-based principles are the foundation for how we support learning at AISD. All members of the school community—students, teachers, parents and administrators—play an active role in learning.
1) The learning environment is supportive.
2) The learning environment supports life-long learning through independence, collaboration and self-motivation.
3) Learners' needs, backgrounds, perspectives and interests are reflected in the learning program.
4) Learners are challenged and supported to develop deep levels of thinking and application.
5) Effective assessment practices are an essential part of learning.
6) Learning connects meaningfully across subject areas and with communities beyond the classroom.
Learn more about our Learning Principles here.
The IB Learner Profile is embedded within the AISD curricular framework and defines the overarching values and attitudes we strive for with all learners. They are a key component of our program and are used by everyone at AISD (students, faculty, staff, and administration). We aim to develop internationally minded students who, recognizing their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet, help to create a better and more peaceful world.
AISD Learners Strive to Be:
- Risk Takers
Learn more about the IB Learner Profile here.