Health & Safety
Registered Nurses on Campus
AISD has a dedicated health office staffed by professional, certified nurses, open during school hours. They provide care for acute and chronic illnesses, injury assessment and care, health education for children and staff, and health screening.The Health Office is also involved in whole school training for employees, to increase safety and emergency preparedness, both on campus and for student trips.
AISD Health Office is well connected to local health care providers and can be used as a resource about healthcare in Dhaka.
Family Health Practice (FHP)
On Campus Clinic for FamiliesFamily Health Practice is an independent, on-site clinic open to the greater community. FHP is staffed by foreign and local doctors serving the greater community during and outside school hours. They provide enhanced services such as:
- Clinical consultations (Family Physician)
- Travel medicine and vaccinations
- Antenatal and postnatal care
- Childhood developmental checks and immunizations
- Gynaecological/cervical screening
- Sexual health services
- Pre-employment and pre-school medical examinations and certification
- Seasonal flu vaccination
- Laboratory investigations including testing of blood, urine and stool samples amongst others
- Referral to physiotherapists, counselors and other auxiliary healthcare providers
- Referral to secondary care services within Bangladesh or regionally.