Experiental Learning Program at AISD
Experiential Learning is a week-long pro gram for middle and high school students designed to complement the traditional classroom instruction that students receive at AISD by providing authentic, alternative educational experiences. Students are expected to complete the educational component of this experience, much like they would if they were in the traditional classroom.
During experiential learning, students are encouraged to embrace the components of the IB Learner Profile. They strive to be inquirers, knowledgeable thinkers, communicators, principled, open-minded, caring, risk-takers, balanced, and reflective.
Ultimately, this program will enhance and improve the students’ own lives, as well as the lives of those around them. Each experience is designed to:
- Offer direct exposure to explore the region and to instill an understanding and appreciation for different cultures, geography, and people
- Enhance interpersonal and intrapersonal growth
- Provide opportunities for service learning to enable students to develop a sense of personal responsibility and empathy that will help them to become international citizens and independent learners.
- Give students opportunities to become more self-aware and confident in their abilities.
- Provide students with opportunities to develop new interests and ambitions
- To allow students to build ties to the classroom and the outside world with diverse educational experiences through research, reading, and writing
The Experiential Learning Program is included in the annual tuition. There is no additional cost to families. The program for grades 6, 7, and 8 will take place in Bangladesh, while Grades 9, 10, and 11 students may be required to travel to countries outside Bangladesh.
MIDDLE SCHOOL DISCOVERY WEEK SNAPSHOTS
HIGH SCHOOL DISCOVERY WEEK SNAPSHOTS
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes. - Marcel Proust